Ahh, hair extensions! A woman's best accessory. Now that you have invested your hard earned cash into the highest quality human hair extensions, we want to ensure you know how to properly care for them! Hair extensions need TLC given they do not produce the oils that your natural hair does. Although Philocaly hair extensions are of the highest quality, if you do not care for them properly the hair can become dry and brittle. We don't want that and neither do you, so be sure to follow these tips and tricks to get the longest wear out of your glamorous hair extensions. A little love can go a long way!
1. Keep your hair extensions clean and untangled by taking time to care for them every day.
2. Do not comb or brush your hair extensions when they are wet.
3. Never sleep with wet hair extensions. Always make sure the hair is dry and pulled up or braided to keep the hair from tangling at night.
4. Brush the extensions with a hair extension brush several times a day. Be sure to brush properly, holding the roots to prevent pulling on the bonds or wefts.
5. Use a high quality sulphate free shampoo and conditioner to keep the tabs from slipping and the hair extensions in good condition.
6. Never lighten the hair extensions. If you want to colour hair extensions only go within 2 shades darker.
7. When using heat tools be sure to use a heat protection spray. The more heat tools you use heat on your hair, the shorter the life-span of the hair extensions.
8. Do not use a flat iron directly on tape tabs. This will weaken the bonds and they will slip out.
9. Exercising with Philocaly Hair extensions will not damage your extensions.
10. Avoid excessive chlorine exposure as it can dry out and damage the hair extensions. Occasional chlorine exposure is okay.
11. When using conditioner, condition from mid-shaft to ends only. Do not apply conditioner to your scalp when wearing hair extensions.
12. Philocaly hair is real human hair and will get split ends just like your hair does. Trim those ends, ladies!
13. Every 8-10 weeks, your hair extensions will need to be reapplied to move the bonds/wefts closer to the scalp and to keep your hair healthy.